Dallas, Texas
2.3K views 147 comments

The L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner is not "sharpenable".The tip crumbles if you try sharpening the pencil, and if you try twisting the bottom, in the hopes of self-sharpening, nothing happens.

I bought three of them, just to check, and ALL three pencils failed to sharpen. This is a horrible product, they essentially sell you a pencil tip for 8 bucks.

DO NOT BUY!!

If you have had a similar experience with this product, spread the word, so people do not waste their hard-earned money on a product that is of horrible quality.File a complaint with Loreal.

Review about: Liquid Pencil Eyeliner.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Loreal Usa Eyeliner
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $8
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Loreal Usa?

Comments

Same problem here!

I lived it but when it came to sharpening it, I had to inlist my husband's help, now after he kept trying it is only about 2" long. I have only had it about 1 month!

Same problem.I will not purcase loreal again!

I have had the exact issue..love the pencil itself but they should make a built in sharpener that actually sharpens it

Sparkle
Chicago, Illinois, United States #970466

Okay, I thought it was just me.NO, I will not be buying this product again.

I fell in love with the application, BUT, it only lasted a week because THERE'S NO WAY TO SHARPEN!!I would like my money back now PLEASE!!

Guest1

Break the other side of pencil,and use ear stick to push it. Wait when fresh tip become harder, and make it thinner by twinsting with paper

Hopping Mad
Carmel, California, United States #821254

Bought one a few weeks ago.Loved it but just could not figure out how to twist it up.

Tried and tried and tried and then thought I had got one that was defective. Tried again today. As someone else has said - L'Oreal should get it off the shelves considering how long the problem has occurred. Anyways, finally thought of finding a solution and found this page.

Yep chopping off the end and getting the end pushed through with a qtip works. I am going to keep the qtip in so that the carbon does not dry out fast.

Definitely won't be buying it again.Shame on L'Oreal expected much better of them!

Kathy S

How do I get my $9 bucks back, could only use once!

i TOO HAVE ONE THAT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT SHARPEN

I'm pissed off :(

Concord, New Hampshire, United States #698572

wtf they didn't have my color of eyeliner for the usual brand I get so I got this one.Spent eternity trying to twist it up but it wouldn't budge so I came to look at the reviews.

This is absolutely ridiculous, how come Loreal has not taken these off the shelves yet?I had to break off the end and use a skewer to push the rest through.