LOreal USA - Loreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

Sep 03, 2009
review #156438

The L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner is not "sharpenable".The tip crumbles if you try sharpening the pencil, and if you try twisting the bottom, in the hopes of self-sharpening, nothing happens.

I bought three of them, just to check, and ALL three pencils failed to sharpen. This is a horrible product, they essentially sell you a pencil tip for 8 bucks.

DO NOT BUY!!

If you have had a similar experience with this product, spread the word, so people do not waste their hard-earned money on a product that is of horrible quality.File a complaint with Loreal.

b07cc49
Had an experience with LOreal USA?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Guest1

Sep 05

Break the other side of pencil,and use ear stick to push it. Wait when fresh tip become harder, and make it thinner by twinsting with paper

Hopping Mad

May 28 Carmel, California

Bought one a few weeks ago. Loved it but just could not figure out how to twist it up. Tried and tried and tried and then thought I had got one that was defective. Tried again today. As someone else has said - L'Oreal should get it off the shelves considering how long the problem has occurred. Anyways, finally thought of finding a solution and found this page. Yep chopping off the end and getting the end pushed through with a qtip works. I am going to keep the qtip in so that the carbon does not dry out fast. Definitely won't be buying it again. Shame on L'Oreal expected much better of them!

Kathy S

Dec 26, 2013

How do I get my $9 bucks back, could only use once!

Nov 27, 2013

i TOO HAVE ONE THAT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT SHARPEN

Aug 12, 2013 Concord, New Hampshire

wtf they didn't have my color of eyeliner for the usual brand I get so I got this one. Spent eternity trying to twist it up but it wouldn't budge so I came to look at the reviews. This is absolutely ridiculous, how come Loreal has not taken these off the shelves yet? I had to break off the end and use a skewer to push the rest through.

barbara

Aug 08, 2013 Boston, Massachusetts

Agree, and I am so relieved to know I am not the only one who had this experience. Sadly, this purchase was a disappointment and a complete waste of money.

Jul 30, 2013 Denver, Colorado

I agree!! I've tried two of these just to see if the first was a defective pencil but the second one did the same thing. It just won't advance past the first part that shows when you buy it. What a waste of $8.00! Now I have to find my receipts and take them back for a refund, then find another eyeliner and hope I don't get ripped off again.

L'oreal...you are stealing money! A company with your reputation should be producing a better product than this.

Wastemoney

Jul 15, 2013

Tried this thing 4 the 1st time; shook it ... the pencil came all out, and it's dry. Maybe not all are like this one, but I just wasted my money. I'll never ever going to buy this one again!

Wash and Wear Girl

Jul 04, 2013

Yes, me too, I usually use Neutrogena eyeliners, but so this new option of a pencil/liquid things that Loreal has...can't sharpen it. I might try a eyeliner sharpener, and see if it works, but hate to spend money on that...my regular sharpener usually works, but not on this item. I have only had mine less than a week, a true bummer for a lot of money for a short time.

bo

Jun 08, 2013 Winnsboro, South Carolina

I too am pissed. I should not have to go to all of those lengths to get to the pencil. I used it only a couple of times and then had to do what the lady said and push it out from a broken end. Rip off!

Catie

Jun 01, 2013

I just broke the bottom off and shoved a q-tip through the hole and it pushed the liner point up
there is a TON more liner in the pencil you just have to get to it :/

May 12, 2013 Hot Springs, Arkansas

Just sharpen it with a pencil sharpener. It works great after you get the outside layer of plastic off. Took me 3 days and desperation to figure it out!

dino

May 04, 2013 Guelph, Ontario

I too was upset but figured after reading these reviews i was SOOL so i tried to sharpen it, It did not work so well however if you do it little by little and have a liner brush it works really well to just smudge on it and you can keep using it. hope this helps some at least.

AmberIPR

Apr 24, 2013 Toronto, Ontario

I had the exact same problem! This is my second one. I got it on Sunday and its only Wednesday and it is already done! What a rip off!!!!

Ocean

Feb 25, 2013

I had exactly the same experience as Denisse, posted January 31! Same feelings of feeling *** about not knowing how to operate the thing. I cannot afford $10 every 2 weeks. I am on to another product, another company.

Jas

Feb 06, 2013

I actually had the same problem,but it's true if you buy an eyeliner sharpener it works perfectly...

Denisse

Jan 31, 2013

Thank God I'm not the only one. I was starting to feel retarded in not being able to twist up the eyeliner. But I guess it's the product itself, what a bummer. I too love the intensity of the color, and the smudger is great too. But it only lasted less than 2 weeks, rediculous! I can't believe it and the pencil is like so long! Loreal needs to Fix It!

Taylor

Jan 24, 2013 Miami, Florida

If the liner is flat, try to brake off the little tip on the other side. When you do that, take the tip and dab it on the liner. Just apply the liner from there. :)

1-20 of 143 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about LOreal USA.
Filing a new complaint about
×